James C. Daly
Memberships IEEE, Tau Beta Pi,
Eta Kappa Nu, Sigma Xi
Leo Valenti, James C. Daly,
John Stevenson, and Thomas J. Valenti, "Induction Motor Dynamic Control", IEEE Power
& Energy Society General Meeting August 5-10, 2018.
- Xin Zhang, James C. Daly, and Yong Cao, "32-Channel Full Customized CMOS
Biosensor Chip for Extracellular Neural Signal Recording", 2nd International IEEE
EMBS Special; Topic Conference on Neural Engineering, Arlington, VA, 16-19 March 2005
- Yong Cao, James C. Daly, and Xin Zhang, "A Low Noise CMOS Biosensor Chip for
Extracellular Multichannel Neural Signal Recording Applications", Biomedical
Engineering Society Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, October 2004
- A. K. Uht, J.-C. Lo, J. C. Daly, Y. Sun and J. Kowalski. "Building Real Computer Systems".
IEEE Micro, Special Issue on Computer Architecture Education, Vol. 20, No. 3, May/June, 2000. pp. 48-56.
Godi Fischer, James C. Daly, Conrad W. Recksiek and Kevin D. Friedland,
"A Programmable Temperature Monitoring Device for Tagging Small Fish - A
Prototype Chip Development", IEEE Trans. on VLSI Systems, Vol. 5, No. 4, Dec. 1997,
Godi Fischer, James C. Daly, Chun Yang, and Conrad W. Recksiek, `` Design of a Programmable Temperature
Monitoring Device for Tagging Small Fish'', Proc. IEEE conference on low
power electronics, Monterey, CA, Aug 12 -14, 1996, pp. 319-322
- Kevin Friedlan, Godi Fischer, James C. Daly, Chun Yang, and Conrad W. Recksiek,
``, Design of a Programmable Temperature Monitoring Device for Tagging
Small Fish'',1996 Summer Meeting of the American
Fisheries Society, Univ. of RI, Kingston, RI, June 12 -20, 1996
- James C. Daly and P.F. Kelly, ``PSpice Modeling of Velocity Saturation in
Bipolar Transistors'', 1996 CMOC Symposium, March 1996.
- Jein-Chung Lo, M. Nicolaides and J. C. Daly, ``A Strongly Code Disjoint
Built-In Current Sensor for Strongly Fault-Secure Static CMOS Realizations'',
IEEE Transactions on Computer Aided Design of Integrated Circuits
and Systems, Vol 14, No. 11, November 1995, pp, 1-6
- J.-C. Lo, S.-Y. Sun and J. C. Daly, "A Concurrent Error Detection IC in
2-um Static CMOS Logic, IEEE Jour. Solid-State Circuits, May 1994, pp. 580-584
- A. Bartczak and J. C. Daly, ``CAM-Based ASOCS Implementation'', WCCI
'94 IEEE Conference on Neural Networks, Orlando, Florida, June 27-29, 1994
- Tung-Li Shen, Jien-Chung Lo and J. C. Daly, ``A 2ns detecting Time, 2mm CMOS Built-In
Current Circuit'', IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol 28, No. 1,
January 1993. pp. 72-77
- D. Ghosh and J. C. Daly, ``A self Routing Crossbar Switch for Multiple Channel
Delta Networks'', 35th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 1992
- "Delta Networks with Multiple Links and Shared Output Buffers: A
High Performance Architecture for Packet Switching", IEEE
International Conference on Global Communications GLOBECOM 91,
December 1991, (with D. Ghosh)
- "Delta Networks with Multiple Links and Shared Output Buffers",
IEE Electronics Letters, May 1991, (with D. Ghosh)
- "The Performance of Delta Networks Using Multiple Channels and
Output Buffers", Electronics Letters, 25 April 1991, Vol, 27, No.
9, pp 761-762, (With D. Ghosh)
- "Performance of Multiple Channel Delta Network", 43th Midwest
Symopsium on Circuits and Systems, Monterey, CA, May 14-17, (with D.
Ghosh and Q. Yang)
- " CMOS and Bipolar Design Curriculum at The University of Rhode
Island" Microelectronic System Education Conference and Exposition,
Santa Clara, California, July 29 - August 1, 1990, (with G. Fischer)
- " Bipolar Design Course with Fabrication", Proceedings IEEE UGI
Microelectronics Symposium, (with James Alvernez, Paul Farrara,
Brian Harnedy, Teddy Neri), Westborough, MA, June 12-14, 1989, pp
49 - 51
- " A Structured VLSI Implementation of a HUB Switch", Proceedings
IEEE UGI Microelectronics Symposium, (with P. Capozza, J. Lenart,
and W. Freudenthal), Westborough, MA, June 12-14, 1989, pp 261 - 264
- "A Novel Content Addressable Memory LSI", Electrontcs Letters
(with D. Ghosh and J. Fried), Vol. 25, No. 8, 13th April 1989, pp.
524 - 526
- "Analysis of Nonideal Higher Order SC Networks Using Signal Flow
Graphs", Proc. International Symposium on Electronic Devices,
Circuits and Systems, (with M. Rachedine and G. Fischer) Kharagpur,
India, December 16-18, 1987
- "Switched Capacitor Adaptive Equalizer with Low Gain Op-Amps,"
Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Midwest Conference on Circuits and
Systems, (with M. Rachedine and G. Fischer). Lincoln, Nebraska,
- "Optically Senstitive CMOS Structures" IEEE Solid State Circuits
Journal, (with S. D. Kirkish, L. Jou and F. Su), April 1987
- "nMOS Multiplexer for Fiber Optics," IEEE Jour. Solid-State
Circuits, April 1985 (with Y. Jeung).
- "nMOS Multiplexer for Fiber Optics," Proceedings of the IEEE
Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, Rochester, NY May 1984, pp.
(with Y. Jeung).
- "VLSI for Fiber Optic Sonar Links," presented at the Naval
Underwater Systems Center, December 1982.
- "Fiber Optical Intermodulation Distortion," IEEE Trans
Communications, Vol. COM-30, No. 8, August 1982, pp. 1954-1958.
- "Not so Dumb Dumb Terminal, Kilobaud Microcomputing, Vol. V, No.
5, pp. 208-210, May 1981.
- "Passive Solar Reflector Satellite Revisited," (with C. Polk)
Proc. 1980 Satellite Power System Review and Symposium, Lincoln,
Nebraska, April 22-25, 1980.
- "Optical Analysis Techniques," IEEE/URI Optical Fiber Workshop,
Kingston, Rhode Island, July 18-19, 1980.
- "Wheeling for Small Power Producers," (with J. S. Krikorian)
Energy Communications Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 211-222, August 1980.
- "Flat Plate Solar Collector Enhancement Utilizing Plane
Reflecting Surfaces," (with G. A. Serois) J. Opt. Soc. Am, Vol. 69,
p. 1400, October 1979.
- "Solar Concentrator Flux Distributions Using Backward Ray
Tracing," Applied Optics Vol. 18, pp. 1696-1699, August 1979.
- "Solar Concentrator Evaluation Technique," J. Opt. Soc. Am. Vol
68, p. 1374, October 1978.
- Solar Energy Collection Using Beam Waveguides," Applied Optics
Vol. 15, pp. 855-856, April 1976.
- "Optical Waveguides with Noninteracting Beam Slope Stabilizers,"
IEEE Trans. Communications, COM 23, pp. 235-239, February 1974.
- "Beam Waveguides for Optical Communication," Proc. 1974 IEEE
Canadian Communication and Power Conference, November 6-8, 1974.
- "Transients in Beam Position Control Systems for Optical
Waveguides," (with E.F. Roy) IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, AC-19,
No. 1, February 1974.
- Beam Stability Control in Optical Waveguides Subject to
Statistical Variations," (with J. E. Spence) IEEE Trans.
Communications, COM-21, pp. 1409-1414, December 1973.
- "The Analogy of Beam Waveguides to Electric Transmission Lines,"
IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Techniques, MIT-16, October 1970.
- "Step Correction of Misaligned Beam Waveguides," B.S.T.J. 48, pp.
1909-1918, July-August 1969.
- "Linear Beam Position Control in Optical Waveguides," B.S.T. J.
47 pp 783-799, May-June 1968.
- "The Application of Z Transform Techniques to the Analysis of
Paraxial Ray Propagation in Beam Waveguides," IEEE Trans Microwave
Theory and Techniques, MTT-16, pp. 95-98, February 1968.
Computer Aided Design